I love hot chocolate, I always have. As a kid, one of my favourite memories is skating on the Rideau Canal in Ottawa with my family while drinking hot chocolate!
Today I wanted to share my favourite recipe! Warning – this recipe is really decadent and really creamy try not to drink the entire batch yourself!
- 3/4 Cup of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (Dutch pressed if possible)
- 6 Ounces of Semi Sweet Chocolate (finely chopped)
- 3 Cups of Milk (I like to use 2% milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of white sugar
- Add the water to a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Bring the water to a simmer (just before it reaches boiling)
- Add in the 2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder and whisk until smooth
- Add in the 3 cups of milk and bring to a simmer again (be VERY careful not to get the milk too hot or else it will expand out of the pot VERY quickly and can burn)
- Add in all of the finely chopped chocolate and the sugar
- Keep stirring until smooth (another 3-5 min)
There you have it! I topped it off with some coconut marshmallows!
Click to Shop: