Looking for an easy Easter dessert that the whole family will love? Look no further than magic bars!
These bars only require a few simple ingredients and are so quick to make. Plus, they’re absolutely delicious!
This recipe has been one of my favourites ever since I’ve been a kid. Whenever I make them they’re gone within 2 days! They’re easily one of the most popular recipes in my household.
Personally, I like making simple desserts. This is especially handy if you have kids, or if you’re making a dessert for a large amount of people (aka Easter dinner!)
These magic bars are totally customizable as well, therefore you can easily make them super festive no matter what time of year it is.
Easter Magic Bars
To customize the Magic Bars for Easter, I decided to add Easter mini eggs to the top! This makes the bars super festive by added in those pastel colors. Also who doesn’t love mini eggs!?
The Ingredients in the Easter Magic Bars
Easter Magic Bars don’t take a whole lot of ingredients. All you need is:
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Coconut Flakes
- Chocolate Chips
- Easter Mini Eggs
- Nuts (your choice)
Melting the butter
We like to chop the butter into 6 even squares to melt it faster in the oven. You want to check on the butter frequently to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Once the butter is melted it will look like this. No chunks should be present.
Spreading the graham cracker crumbs
Next up it’s time to spread those yummy graham cracker crumbs across the butter.
Tip: GO SLOW!
It’s important to spread the crumbs in an even layer across the pan. You want the layer to be thin and not thick. Try to spread by sprinkling the crumbs.
Layering the condensed milk
Next you want to layer on the condensed milk evenly. Like the graham cracker crumbs, you want to spread it slowly so that the condensed milk covers the entire pan.
Add the remaining ingredients
Next up, add all of the remaining ingredients. This part is where you can make this recipe customizable! For Easter we added: chocolate chips, mini eggs, coconut flakes and nuts.
Pro Tip: I like to chop the mini eggs in half, that way the chocolate inside can melt. It also allows for the cup of mini eggs to cover the entire pan.
Next you need to press down on top of the ingredients so the condensed milk oozes out. This helps all of the ingredients fuse together when you cook it in the oven. See the above photo, there are patches of condense milk coming up.
Pop the bars into the oven and cook for 25 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit, or until the edges are browned. Depending on your oven, the cooking time may vary.
As you can see in the photo below, I pulled my bars out once the edges are nice and brown. The brown bits are my favourite, they’re nice and crunchy!
Next I like to cut my bars into squares!
These bars can easily be frozen and saved for later! However I’m confident they won’t last long in your household!
Easter Magic Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Can (14-ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chocolate Mini Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups Flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop butter into small squares, then add to a 13 X 9-inch baking pan and melt the butter in the oven. Keep checking to make sure butter doesn't burn.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the liquid butter making sure the entire pan is covered (this will be a thin layer).
- Pour the Sweetened Condensed milk over the bread crumbs in an even layer.
- Chop the mini eggs down the middle into two.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the sweetened condensed milk (coconut, chocolate chips, mini eggs and nuts).
- Press down on the bars so that sweetened condensed milk bubbles to the surface surrounding the toppings.
- Bake the bars for 25 minutes or until the sides of the dish are lightly browned.
- Chill the bars and cut into squares. Store at room temperature. Freeze in air tight container for prolonged freshness.
Looking for more Easter content? Check out our related articles here:
Looking for more recipes? Check out our sister blog The Pink Brunette!